copy that converts
How to Learn About Your Customers Through Research
Content Writer @Article-Writing.co
Market research is an important step to take before pouring your time, energy, and resources into a project. There are many tools, resources, and techniques available to learn about your customers. Use them When creating your ideal customer profile and to dig deeper into determining who you’ll target your marketing efforts to in the future.
Why is it Important?
When you take time to research, you can find out exactly who is buying your products or using your services. With that information, you can tailor your messages to speak directly to that audience. A common misconception about research is that it’s too time consuming and expensive to make sense for a company. However, with the tips below, the process is relatively easy. Research has also shown that acquiring a new customer is five times more expensive than retaining current customers, so it’s important to know exactly who is keeping your business running and create copy that converts to sales from them.
What to Look For
When you start researching your customers, there are a few things you should be looking for. Keep in mind that the information you collect will be used to fine tune the way you create copy, to develop new copy that converts to more revenue, and just to get to know your customer base better.
When using any of the techniques for gathering information described below, consider using the following questions as a jumping off point:
- Who are our customers?
- Where are they from?
- How did they learn about our business?
- What led them to our website?
- What products or services are they most interested in?
- How was their experience with our company?
- Would they consider using our company again in the future?
How to Find It
There are many ways to dig for information that will help you make copy that converts. When you’re looking for information about your customers, go directly to the source and ask those customers themselves. Here are a few ways to do it.
- Surveys– After making a sale, send out a follow up survey to get more information about the customer and what spurred them to make a purchase.
- Polls– Polls are a great way to get short pieces of information instantly. Put one directly on your website or post to social media to get valuable feedback in real time.
- Social Media– Look at what your followers are saying in the comments of your Facebook posts, Instagram photos, and LinkedIn articles.
- Focus Groups– The most time consuming and costly method on our list, focus groups will also offer you the most information and provide the most in-depth answers about specific topics.
- Website Analytics – Google and individual website platforms make it easy to see exactly who is looking at your content, where they’re from, and how they found you.
After you’ve gotten the information you were looking for, put it to use! Use the data about your customers as you plan your content calendar. Write in a way that appeals to your demographics and you’ll soon see how your copy can create marketing magic.
Need help writing?
Not sure where to go from here? We can help. Contact Article-Writingand let us create copy that will resonate with your readers.
The post How to Learn About Your Customers Through Research appeared first on Article-Writing.Co.
Source: Article Writing
Republished by Blog Post Promoter